Wednesday, May 18, 2011

True Quotes

These are TRUE quotes heard in my house over the past few days....

#1.  My 6 year old to my 8 year old:  "Do you REALLY not know how to take a joke?"

#2.  My 8 yr old: "Excuse Me"
       My 6 year old:  "Did you toot?"
       My 8 year old: "That's none of your business."

#3.  6 year old eating without utensils.....
       Me: "I don't approve of that behavior."
       My 6 yr old:  "Well, watch me big guy...."


Really?  I don't even have TEENAGERS yet...not even someone NEAR hormonal age.  May this NOT be a look into my future.

What am I going to do?  Really?  I know that right now that the two nights per month that I am actually OUT of the house....Bunco and Book Club...my 8 year old bawls the entire time I am gone b/c "Daddy doesn't do things the way that [I] do them."  Tonight, my husband went out for a RARE night of not being home when putting kids to bed.  In his absence, I got a dose of my own medicine... My 6 year old was a WRECK.  She cried from the moment she KNEW he was leaving until after prayers and tucking her into bed.  Phew!  Of couse, my 8 year old can NOT let this be all about her lil sis....she begins crying at the anticipation that TOMORROW is my bunco night.  Never mind I am practically home until bedtime.  *Phew!*  Exhaustion!!! 

I know all too well that time slips away...I have been a teacher.  Some of my kids - and yes they are MY KIDS - are getting ready to start their JUNIOR YEAR in college.  I remember them them fondly as 1st graders....so to all you parents who have been in the trenches and survived....KUDOS!  But, for right now....it's the only place I'd like to be.  If that means blogging at 10:00 p.m. at night AND running at 5:15 in the a.m. so that I can shower before my kids are up and at 'em....well, that's fine with me :-)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment