Monday, May 16, 2011

Seriously?

I think if we are going to be friends here...that there are few things that are going to have to change.  For instance, it is IMPERATIVE that you start watching several of my favorite shows.  I am simply agog that some of the people I love most in this world have NO clue what I am referencing when quoting a show.  And FWIW, nooooo....I am not lolly-gagging about the house watching TV all day.  I LOVE me some DVR...so SET yours, fools.  Watch it when you can....except I know I have one friend whom I shan't name here without the luxury of DVR.  She (or you) can also rely on hulu.com.... the fact that I used "shan't" in that sentence will totally let the cat of the bag for the gal I am talking about ;-)

1.  Start watching So You Think You Can Dance.....new season starts May 26.  It is the dance version of American Idol.  These people are FREAKS of nature and I adore their art form to a sickeningly degree.  I believe most of you think that I watch this show b/c I DO think I can dance.  This is where you are wrong.  I am well aware of my inability to turn, spot, or leap (I am willing to take a shout out from ANY former dance instructor to back me up on this issue)....all skills SORT OF necessary in the art of dance.  Plus, ONE watch of this show will let YOU know that not only can I not dance...neither can you.  Comes on Fox.  DVR it.

2.  Start watching Modern Family.  Good heavens.  I think I see myself and a good portion of my friends (you crazy people) wrapped up in that show.  Fantastic.  And...sadly, real.  ABC.  DVR it.

3,  Start watching Glee.  Yes, I know that some of you are turned off my the fact that some of the characters are homosexual.  Get over it...fast forward it...whatever you need to do.  I personally want to be best friends with everyone on that show.  The one-liners by Sue Sylvester and former Cheerio Brittany ALONE make this show an amazement to me.  But, add in singing and dancing...well, now.  I think you KNOW they had me at "hello".  I OWN the first season on DVD (yes you can borrow it)...you can catch second season on hulu.  AND....word on the street is that the season finale Glee goes "Wicked"!!!!  Are you KIDDING ME?  Yes, a good musical + one of my fave shows will indeed = a HAPPY JENNIFER!

4.  I am addicted to ALL (and sadly, I do mean ALL) reality shows on BRAVO.  To some degree I have watched a bit of each and every "Real Housewives of....", "Bethenney Ever After", "Top Chef", "Top Chef Masters", "Top Chef Desserts", "Million Dollar Listings", "Millionaire Matchmaker", "Tabitha's Salon Takeover", "Flipping Out"....and this is just the icing on the CAKE, people.  It's all just a bad train wreck that I can NOT look away from! I can honestly say that I do not watch any of the above regularly...and there are other shows that I have watched on BRAVO that I am forgetting.  But, if I am sitting down to fold laundry with no children around, Bravo is ON the TV.  I mean, a RARE few of you even KNEW what a "Skinnygirl Margarita" was until I mentioned it in a recent FB status update.  Had you been watching "Real Housewives of New York" a while back OR "Bethenney Every After" you would be familiar with said spirit already and probably drinking one while reading this.  FYI:  J's carries it and it is deeeeeelicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, get up to snuff people.  I need to reference these things!  I need to know we are speaking the same language ;-)
Now, go get that Skinnygirl Margarita!  Cheers!!!!!!!

Have a great day!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. OK!! Now I know where I can purchase SkinnyGirl! Sadly, I am a Bravo addict. I can only identify with you on Bravo and Modern Family. Of course, I appreciate all the references to the Hayden young'uns! Love my little Haydens!

    Keep them coming...great job!

    SAH

    ReplyDelete