Friday, September 23, 2011

I should have been a doctor....

First, let's start with the fact that I am relatively certain no one is EVER going to see this blog.  I typically link it to FB and now I can't find a darned THING on Facebook.  So, good luck everyone!  And if you found this, well....send me a tutorial as to how to find it myself.  Jeesh.

So, yeah. I have been thinking.  I should have been a doctor.  Not certain at this point what KIND would benefit me best, but some sort of medical training would be of great help around this joint. 

I realize that I am supremely lucky to have healthy, happy children...no one has a chronic or life threatening/changing condition, but that being said, if you looked at my children's dr. appt schedule in the upcoming weeks you would not believe it.  So...proof:

Monday, Sept 26: both girls appt. for flu mist

Tuesday, Sept., 27: 6 year old getting cavity filled

Wednesday, Sept 28: 3 year old goes to allergist for his flu shot (allergic to eggs...and flu shot is egg based, must be administered by allergist) AND 8 year old getting cavity filled (quit judging our oral hygiene!  I can feel the judgment from here.)

Wednesday, Oct. 5: 3 year old has post-op with ENT for anenoidectomy/ear tubes

Thursday, Oct. 6: 8 year old goes to periodontist for consultation...gum surgery already emminent.

Thursday, Oct. 13: 8 year old goes for 3-D x-ray/CAT scan of teeth...more baby teeth are def getting pulled adult teeth most likely extracted but oral surgeon needs to have a clear picture of what's in there before diving in with the scalpel.

Now, all this is barring the fact that at LEAST ONE of my kids WILL fall ill sometime in the next month, despite the amount of hand washing and hand sanitizer used.  AND the fact that two of the above dr. appts are JUST consultations that WILL lead to surgeries/braces/etc.  AND, we still have a life to live that involves homework, dance, piano, etc.   I mean, really, I spent 4 years in undergrad and another 2 solid while working to get my masters and ANOTHER 2 solid years while working to get my Rank 1 all in elementary ed.  I could have an MD by now, right?  And really, by the time you have been through 3 kids, you can diagnose PRETTY close anyway.  Send me an otoscope to check ears and a strep test kit and I am good to go! 

It's a really good thing that I love each and every one of my kids' doctors....that they are good friends of ours...and will not mind when I t.p. their houses after getting a bill that pays for their new "guest wing".

I JOKE!

Love to you all!  Have a great day!!!!!!!
xoxo Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment